Thursday, February 1, 2007

Gamblers, place your bets, Off to the doctor today, I put my chip on the 20.

Up early for the day so posting now. Besides "cyclosporine makes your socks smell like a workman's boot", the only other thing I have learned in the past couple of days is that doubling cycloporine caplets to therapuetic levels combined with my normal amount of a.m. steroids takes me back to shades of the good ol' hospital stay. Yes, I remember like it was December 31st, because it was, when they'd finish up my 10-hour bag treatment for the night, shoot my PICC Line full of steroids, and I'd quiver and bawl like a baby. I figured, "Great, I'm going to be like this for the rest of my life." But no, thank you, God, it's not forever - it just feels like it.

My only mistake was calling the pharmacy. Knowing your enemy is half the battle, so yesterday when I felt the nerves coming on, I came to and made myself *have a lie down* and that seemed to work, so naps are back in the mix for the experiment here. Definitely. This data was compiled directly after I noticed as I talked to the pharmacist to check whether the insurance company had approved my main, doubled prescription as "overridden", the woman on the other line, God love her, couldn't understand English well. Ok, I'm being nice -- hardly at all. And it's not because of the cyclosporine/new man odor, but I always imagine myself in someone else's shoes -- I'd hate to have her job and try to understand some of the people around here. And trust me, my drawl is back yes, but for business calls, I speak "Customer Service Representative" style. Years of rushed, cheap voicework for the last job I had gave me lots of practice, and heartburn.

If you ever want to hear one, I bet there is still one in an online sample somewhere. I'll admit, one does sound really HickVegas drawly-y'all, but I was tired that day, and the woman who ran the company I worked for was being a total jerk. More than usual. Which is why I bet I can't make platelets now. Stress-induced *no kill* suppressed rage, daily. Man. She has near-zero idea how to properly run a business over 5 people. And that's not just me talkin', that's a guy from a huge agency talkin', too. Hey, what can you do past coping -- called her "Miss Management"...among other things...

Ooooo, looks like my cyclosporine/steroid cocktail is kicking in early today! Sweet! Who needs a good smashin'!! CYCLO-ROID, SMASH!!

See? I hate to sound negative. I'm not though -- it's all true.

Anyway, re-adjusting attitude now based on new data, check, and making peace and coffee early on in the day. Gotta wake up my mama and get her going with the *secretly switched decaf*, back later -- enjoy the day!

No comments: