Sunday, February 4, 2007

Late Update: My Mom's a cheater, and I'm lazy.

Ok, so last doctor's visit, I guessed 20k. But I was thinking 26. After they drew the blood and we sat back with the doctor and his results, my mother turned to me and said "26k", and I said "20...ish." The doctor smiled and said, "27k. " I smiled back with the chipmunkie prednisone face and said, "We're makin' a game out of it, ya see. Numbers." She said, "No, it was easy, I just did math."

Wait, wait wait. I went on gut feelings, she said she *did the math*, based on average loss-rate per day.

So in my opinion, she counted cards and cheated. But I didn't speak my gut, losing by 6k. Still not building my own platelets yet, but at least I'm not a cheater-r-r-r.

Lazy, maybe. No, actually, the opposite -- just made myself really busy the past three days. Started a new blog called "The Yarden" which will grow roses here while I grow platelets here in Jackson with my math-whiz mom.

Back to doctor tomorrow:

My guess: If it's fallen, I say 11k, but I feel like a 32k.
Her guess: She says 17k.
Reality should be 11k, tranfusion time.

She said, "Make me a liar, Bethany!" I said, "Fine, you're already a cheater!"


No comments: