Tuesday, February 6, 2007

I was wrong. It surprised me. But not really.

Before I left for the doctor yesterday, I just felt like it wouldn't surprise me if my platelet count hadn't fallen, or was actually higher. I can just tell. And that's not the construction-worker socks and bleached moustache talkin'...

My last platelet count was 27k and by today, based on averages so far, should be 11k (transfusion time). This morning, I heaved 3 bags of garbage to the curb, filled up birdfeeders, took out the recycling, and then thought, "It will be the exact same, or 26k, I can tell." One of my beautiful leg bruises that go along this aplastic anemia thing had healed almost overnight, it's now just a crescent moon shape. Kinda pretty if you ask me, looks like a tattoo. Makes me want to jump on my chopper and ride into the sunset. And shoot a lizard off a rock and leave fire trails behind me like that bounty hunter on "Raising Arizona", Leonard Smalls.

Because today, my platelet count was holding, at 27K, same as 3 days ago.

So in my opinion, I not only held the donated platelets from over a week ago but also think I made some platelets because normal bodies recycle/renew their own 150-400k averages every 7-10 days. They didn't tell me that, but what else can you think?

Donuts...Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia...fried chicken...pizza...(steroids talkin')...

We'll see what happens when I go back in Friday.

There will either be more, or I'll be down to a quart-low and need a transfusion. Somehow, I have this feeling I will be up a little with a low count in the 30s, and need no transfusion.

But that is days away, and I have to get out into The Yarden. (Yes, yet another blog...have to do something with my hands, don't I, besides donuts...Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia...fried chicken...pizza...)

PS: Katherine, I love you, girlie, and am calling you soon -- excuse: my mom has kept my butt in the road with our Elvis-like TCB (Taking Care of Business) List, and man, that list keeps growing. Need some sleep --it heals bruises and that's the best excuse ever.

2 comments:

bushra said...

hey, that sounds positive! fingers and toes crossed for friday! x

me said...

heya, don'tcha make me worry about YOU -- hope you are feeling well by this time and eating that soup like I told ya! x! - bny