Monday, February 12, 2007

"...I Got Music, Who Could Ask for Anything Mo-o-o-re..."



Oh yeah, platelets would be nice, I keep forgetting.


For those playing the platelet-growing pool,

Last stats:

Last Friday, I had 29k, 2k more than 4 days before at 27k.

Tomorrow,
feeling 56k but I guess 36k, and even though my hematocrit was low last time (which should equal unit of blood this time), think I will walk without receiving a divinely donated unit of blood.

My mom, the mathwhiz-cheater, says, "Let's see, last time, you made 500 a day, so I'd guess 2k more, making it 31k. But if it's still at 29k, don't be surprised. I mean, it fluctuates, y'know..."

I appreciate that. She has taken excellent care of me, have I mentioned that lately? Emotionally, that would be the "Don't Get Your Hopes Up" part of the show. Me? Besides rhythm, I got "High Apple Pie in the Sky Hopes" so I keep my guess. I'm just annoying like that, and many, many, many other ways.

Good timing: Frasier's on, my favorite episode, singing "...hippity-hoppity boppity bo, somethin' and somethin' and panty hose, and Buttons and Bows!" Location joke, yeah, but hopefully you know which episode I mean. Ooo, attention span gone...sparkly...pink...prettyyyy....

short-term goal: 100k
long-term goal: 315k

See you tomorrow.

ps: Yes, it is fun being the daughter of a research chemist. It certainly helps to have that blood running through me, literally and figuratively. Experi-mental, heavy on that last part.


2 comments:

bushra said...

i wouldn't know what to classify the mother as, but your has sure come in handy, eh? great news about the steady platelet count, innit?

me said...

She's a regular life-saver is what she is! Plus, quite entertaining what with her showtune singin' and all... I hope you are feeling much better, too, and off the kleenex tissues...better, or i'll send my mom over there to heal ya up, with songs!