Thursday, February 22, 2007

House is good! Still have Memphis-itis though...

Just flew back in from Memphis last night and boy, are my arms tired. Oh, how funny. No, but I got to drive my car back and sing at the top of my lungs to Judy Garland. Thank you to Dan B for leaving this Judy Garland Experience link over at The Yarden (where I'll be today, again, taking a wad of photos I'll promise to post and then disappear, as usual).

Thank you for cleaning up the house, Ron, looks good. I brought back my potted roses to start them over again. I'm still allergic to Memphis, waking up with a sore throat and scratchy eyes. I'm tellin' ya, there is something about Memphis that'll make you have an allergy attack. I know it was a factor in finally setting off my ITP /auto-immune platelet-eating blood disorder. That plus a strange virus-caught-on-the-train-I-bet plus stress. So don't ride the train, don't stress out, and don't live in Memphis when the cottonwood blooms. Easy enough, right? No. Everyone has allergies in Memphis. I call it "Memphis-itis." But it is a beautiful place to live, by the river, and also down in the historic areas like Central Gardens and other places in Midtown. I just don't feel like dying there. I'm just sayin'!

Just not going to tell the doctor that I strayed 3 hours north from his exceptional care, dosing with platelet-pumping, beard-growing, character-building yet immune-system-suppressing Cyclosporine before I reached my safe-platelet level to travel, around 100-140k or so, but I know he'd have done the same. He's a tough soldier, too.

Ok, I'm out to The Yarden if it kills me. Which, it won't!

Last platelet count was 46k over 9 days. I predict over 100k on next doctor's appointment ~ Tuesday, February 27th.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love and respect horse serum and modern medicine combined with proper nutrition and care? I need to at Very O+...done, on The List.

xox - bny

No comments: